Crab Ricotta Cannelloni
- 1 box 8 oz cannelloni or manicotti pasta about 12 shells
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- bechamel sauce, recipe follows
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, 3/4 cup Parmesan, egg yolk, basil, crab, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill the cannelloni with the crab mixture and place in a buttered baking dish. Top the filled cannelloni with the Bechamel Sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Crab ricotta cannelloni recipe. Nectarous crab ricotta cannelloni.
Recipe Exchange: This recipe may be republished with a link back to us.